Monday, April 30, 2012

I'd like to thank the Blog Academy for this Bloggie

I don't typically do memes/awards, but in this case, I was nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award by Chantel Rondeau. Don't quite get the "creative" spelling, but that was around long before Chantel nominated here. Chantel, who is a romantic suspense author, blogs about writing and books she likes. She also participates in Six Sentence Sunday (something I used to do myself). A fun little deal where authors share six sentences from one of their works.

So, I'm supposed to mention seven things about myself that people might find interesting.

Here they are in no particular order:

1) I've been to North Korea. Sure, I've only been a few meters into North Korea for about thirty seconds, but still.

2) I've had a varied career path (excluding the writing of course): military intelligence, corporate programmer, and research science being some of the vaguely more interesting.

3) I form part of a rare cross-over reality show viewer demographic that enjoys the fashion-oriented Project Runway as much as I enjoy the firearms-oriented Top Shot. 

4) I've spent several years studying the anti-viral effects of vitamin D metabolites.

5) I went from living in the very hot Phoenix, AZ to the very cold Madison, WI.

6) I love history, yet had no formal history education beyond high school.

7) My favorite book is One Hundred Years of Solitude. 

Thanks for the nomination, Chantel.


1 comment:

Chantel Rhondeau said...

You're welcome, J.A.! I thought this was rather fun :-) I'm not big on TV, but I have to admit to being a little bit of a reality TV junkie myself when it comes to watching something!

Nice to learn more about you!